"It's asking a great deal that things should appeal to your reason as well as your sense of the aesthetic." W. Somerset Maugham, 'Of Human Bondage', 1915 English dramatist & novelist (1874 - 1965)
"Who knows what form the forward momentum of life will take in the time ahead or what use it will make of our anguished searching. The most that any one of us can seem to do is fashion something--an object or ourselves--and drop it into the confusion, make an offering of it, so to speak, to the life force."
Ernest Becker, The Denial of Death

Monday, December 15, 2008

Hindi

Let me share a little bit.

There are plenty of places on the web to translate European languages.  Here's one that will translate Hindi languages.  If you like aesthetics you'll love the way these languages look.  I'm particularly fond of Sanskrit.

Share a little more.

I have a tattoo.  On my arm, that I got when I turned 30.  Not because I had a problem turning 30 but it was an emotional/mental need as my first marriage was falling apart.  We happen to take a ride out to a Connecticut state park on Long Island Sound and I saw this one guy with a bear paw tattoo on his back and it just hit me that I could do that.  Maybe it was doing something I wouldn't normally do.  Don't know.

In the end, I got a cougar paw print on my left upper arm.  I'd like to get just one more--my kids' names written in...yup, Sanskrit.

No comments: