"It's asking a great deal that things should appeal to your reason as well as your sense of the aesthetic." W. Somerset Maugham, 'Of Human Bondage', 1915 English dramatist & novelist (1874 - 1965)
"Who knows what form the forward momentum of life will take in the time ahead or what use it will make of our anguished searching. The most that any one of us can seem to do is fashion something--an object or ourselves--and drop it into the confusion, make an offering of it, so to speak, to the life force."
Ernest Becker, The Denial of Death

Sunday, December 14, 2008

Dreams

I found my old dream log from the early '80s--covering the years 1980/81 (I was 15/16 yrs old).  I've recently tried to resurrect writing my dreams into a log.  But now, I'm just about 44 yrs old and the dreams fade so fast and I'm so tired I just can't get anything written down.

Looking over the old journal, I was able to capture as many as 3 or 4 dreams in one night.  Despite what some of you may think, not all of the dreams was sexually oriented.  Though I won't deny...some where.

The challenge with a dream log is, "a picture is worth a thousand words."  You're basically trying to capture a mini movie in words.  Not only are you trying to capture the story line but all feelings and meanings.  A very short simple dream can easily fill a whole page of writing.

To top it all off, you're trying to get it all down as fast as possible before the vision and the feelings fade.

Dream interpretation is a whole other matter.

No comments: