"It's asking a great deal that things should appeal to your reason as well as your sense of the aesthetic." W. Somerset Maugham, 'Of Human Bondage', 1915 English dramatist & novelist (1874 - 1965)
"Who knows what form the forward momentum of life will take in the time ahead or what use it will make of our anguished searching. The most that any one of us can seem to do is fashion something--an object or ourselves--and drop it into the confusion, make an offering of it, so to speak, to the life force."
Ernest Becker, The Denial of Death

Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Christmas Dinner

Well, the raviolis are in the garage drying out for tomorrow. Worst part, my back went yesterday and was in severe pain.  A couple of trips to Chiro and all is better.  

Last year, my daughter did the bulk of the work, this year, eh, at 15 not so much in the mood.  I try to get my son involved, after all, one hopes it passes on down the male line as well as the female but he's just too Irish.  Doesn't like sauce and has generally bland taste.  I'm the only one of the 4 kids who continues this tradition that my father had, so I hope at least one of my kids will take it on as well for themselves and their family.  We'll see.

In the end, in order to get them done, feeling kinda crappy, we just increased the size of the glass. [You'll note from the recipe, we don't use a pasta machine, we use the old glass and fork method--truly made by hand.]

No comments: