"It's asking a great deal that things should appeal to your reason as well as your sense of the aesthetic." W. Somerset Maugham, 'Of Human Bondage', 1915 English dramatist & novelist (1874 - 1965)
"Who knows what form the forward momentum of life will take in the time ahead or what use it will make of our anguished searching. The most that any one of us can seem to do is fashion something--an object or ourselves--and drop it into the confusion, make an offering of it, so to speak, to the life force."
Ernest Becker, The Denial of Death

Saturday, January 31, 2009

The Two Joes

All the reconnection I've been doing has made me a little nostalgic for some musicians I knew. Joe Bilotti and Joey Howell. We all went to the same highschool, though Mr. Howell was a grade or two above.

These are two of the nicest guys you'll ever meet and I'll be damned if you don't always find them with a smile on their faces.

As musicians, they were two of the best I've ever seen. Mr. Bilotti I believe studied music at my alma matter, Montclair State in NJ, while I believe Mr. Howell attended The Berklee College of Music in Boston.

Back when I was single in my twenties, these two played together in a band (of which I don't recall the name)...but they were just amazing together.

I only recently found out Mr. Bilotti was playing in Soft Parade and that made me try to hunt down what became of Mr. Howell, who is currently playing in a band called Parrot Beach. If you ever get the chance to see these bands with these two playing, go; you'll see true musicianship.

I maybe off on some of my info here, so anyone that knows, please feel free to correct me.

No comments: