"It's asking a great deal that things should appeal to your reason as well as your sense of the aesthetic." W. Somerset Maugham, 'Of Human Bondage', 1915 English dramatist & novelist (1874 - 1965)
"Who knows what form the forward momentum of life will take in the time ahead or what use it will make of our anguished searching. The most that any one of us can seem to do is fashion something--an object or ourselves--and drop it into the confusion, make an offering of it, so to speak, to the life force."
Ernest Becker, The Denial of Death

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

A Book You Have To Read

The Nurture Assumption by Judith Rich Harris

At the end, agree or not, this, above any book I've ever read, I recommend. You simply have got to read this. Even if you don't have children, it's great insight into yourself and your peers.

When I first read it, it was like finally discovering the sociological/psychological/biological version of Einstein's Unified Theory. All I had studied and read in both fields finally came together and the discrepancies explained.

I would love for anyone that reads this blog, if anyone does, to read this book, come back and comment and let me know your thoughts.

2 comments:

Florent said...

sounds very interesting... I will be back to comment on it, after i check my local library.

tall penguin said...

I'm guessing you landed on my blog through my review of The Nurture Assumption. Needless to say, I enjoyed the book. It shook up my thinking and gave me quite a few aha moments. Any book that does that is a good thing.