"It's asking a great deal that things should appeal to your reason as well as your sense of the aesthetic." W. Somerset Maugham, 'Of Human Bondage', 1915 English dramatist & novelist (1874 - 1965)
"Who knows what form the forward momentum of life will take in the time ahead or what use it will make of our anguished searching. The most that any one of us can seem to do is fashion something--an object or ourselves--and drop it into the confusion, make an offering of it, so to speak, to the life force."
Ernest Becker, The Denial of Death

Monday, January 12, 2009

Interjection

I don't know if anyone actually reads this blog. I have had only one comment to any of my entries (from the formerly known as Becky Scango--whom I remember and recall that I liked her--good people).

But the lack of a new post is due to the fact that I am down in Orlando. Disney World to be exact. Our annual National Sales Meeting is being held here this week, so I'm a bit busy working-yes, working. Though I've taken the opportunity to have my family fly down at the end of the week and join me so we can have our first ever Disney World family vacation.

I know I owe a posting on depression--hopefully I'll get to that next week. We'll see; as my old friend Pete has recently sent me a long email response to mine updating me on his life, so I may take some time and respond to that instead...again, we'll see.

3 comments:

Scott said...

After a quick visit to your old place of employment (the cryptic "vault"), I was slipped the link to this blog. I plan on checking in from time to time. In case you haven't figured it out, this is your one-time Title Express disciple and occasional drinking buddy Scott.

Phil said...

Of the recently "married" Scott?

Scott said...

That's the one! I'm also now a homeowner Sir Philip. Am I a grown-up now? Don't answer that.