"It's asking a great deal that things should appeal to your reason as well as your sense of the aesthetic." W. Somerset Maugham, 'Of Human Bondage', 1915 English dramatist & novelist (1874 - 1965)
"Who knows what form the forward momentum of life will take in the time ahead or what use it will make of our anguished searching. The most that any one of us can seem to do is fashion something--an object or ourselves--and drop it into the confusion, make an offering of it, so to speak, to the life force."
Ernest Becker, The Denial of Death

Friday, August 14, 2009

Healthcare

Of course I have to chime in on the subject. So here it is: There are a LOT of stupid jackasses out there and what I really want to know is how someone like Glen Beck gets his own TV show, 'cause that's what I want to do: get on TV and spout off ranting stupid bullshit and get paid for it (as it is, I do the same here, just don't get paid...and no one listens).

Oh, yeah...and after this nothing else need be said.

1 comment:

Scott said...

It's amazing how popular Beck has become. I don't get it. I've listened to him a few times on the radio and I always just end up shaking my head and changing the station.