"It's asking a great deal that things should appeal to your reason as well as your sense of the aesthetic." W. Somerset Maugham, 'Of Human Bondage', 1915 English dramatist & novelist (1874 - 1965)
"Who knows what form the forward momentum of life will take in the time ahead or what use it will make of our anguished searching. The most that any one of us can seem to do is fashion something--an object or ourselves--and drop it into the confusion, make an offering of it, so to speak, to the life force."
Ernest Becker, The Denial of Death

Friday, March 13, 2009

Re-assessment

Ok, so I go get my CPAP machine next week. Apparently, my sleep apnea was bad enough where my blood oxygen was at 83% when it should be 95 or above.

As I read all the things that sleep apnea can cause, including damage to the brain, I figured it this way....I've suffered from apnea for probably over 20 yrs, never really knowing anything about it.

Well, now, with my CPAP, my brain will get all the oxygen it is supposed to get...so, maybe, just maybe...I might be smart. And it's just been oxygen deprivation causing my stupidity.

But we shall see...

No comments: